Sunday, May 25, 2014

WEEKLY APPRECIATION: 0.2

Bean started solids this week, which was super exciting (well for me) and so far so good. I started him off with sweet potatoes and he seems to like it, he eats up his allotted tablespoon and seems to want more.


Granville island market granville island market
With family visiting we went down to the Granville Island public market to grab some lunch and groceries. I love the market setting, grocery shopping is one of my favourite activities and the market makes it that much better.

This post here.
For the past few weeks I have been reading through Leo Babauta's blog Zen Habits. I have been trying to embrace a more minimal approach in all aspects of my life (expect more posts on this in the near future). This particular post really spoke to me and the direction that I am trying to push myself in.

(Not Pictured)
This week my mother's parents have been in town staying with us and since becoming a mother myself I feel like I see them in a new light. They immigrated to Canada with 3 children back in the 1970's and built their lives here. They learned the Canadian way of living but still kept their Jamaican accents, they never lost sight of where they were from. I hope that when I get to his age I will have at least half the amount of stories to tell as my grandfather. As much I resist admitting it at times, family really is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment