Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"SLBS" JAR



I spend too much time on the computer, not only that but I spend too much time on the computer doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I am a stay at home mom so other than caring for my baby there is not a whole lot I can do during the day, coupled with the fact that I don't speak the language here and I have no friends means I spend a lot of time with myself. Essentially what I am saying is that I often fall (leap excitedly) into the black hole that is the internet in order to escape the feeling that I am doing nothing with my life. Well no longer! I decided to speak to my inner child  and ask myself what I could do to combat my boredom without sacrificing productivity but was also non-committal (baby steps okay), and my inner child simply replied "Stop being a lazy shit!"

So now I present to you my "Stop Being a Lazy Shit" jar (SLBS jar) filled with one hundred ideas of what to do to pass the time. I decided to put a variety of things, some broad, some specifics, others productive, others internet-y. As someone who has an amazing lack of self-control and motivation, a little strip of paper telling me exactly what I should do will hopefully be the push I need to eventually end up on a more productive path. This is meant to help me flex my creative muscles, get me in shape, keep my apartment tidy and help me spend my time doing things, instead of staring at my screen but without being a huge time commitment. Once Bean is older and can be left to his own devices safely I will have to get off my ass  and work but for now this will be a good little activity. Here are a few of my entries, if you are curious:


No comments:

Post a Comment