Monday, October 06, 2014

OCTOBER GOALS + SEPTEMBER RECAP

September and I just couldn't make it work this year. I think I probably express a similar sentiment each year because I put so much pressure on the month to be great, so that even when it is a great month (lovely weather, lovely birthday) it still was not able to live up to my expectations. Externally everything went pretty well this month, H started school, I began my German class, we got a few more things to make this apartment feel like home but something was off internally. The two weeks of the month I battled stomach problems that seem to be stemming from certain food (foods, which I must mention, I have had no prior difficulty with) which has caused me to completely change my eating habits. The mental stress of that combined with some overhanging loneliness as well as trying to care for a baby with (mild) bronchitis just left me rather drained. October however is here, and the new month brought in a friend from home, whose presence has left me recharged and more motivated than ever...but before I announce my latest goals, let us review the last thirty days.

one. Try another new food. Yes
I introduced butternut squash a bit this month, as a pasta sauce, on pizza and roasted on it's own. I definitely think I'll be using it more often.

two. Excersise every day. Mostly
As mentioned above I was feeling pretty drained for the majority of the month but other than the two days that the elevator wasn't working I usually at least went for a walk with Bean, if not a full workout.

three. Tame my hair. Not even close
My lions mane will never be tamed, I'm slowly accepting that.

four. Read to gain knowledge. Nope
I didn't even open a book this month...but I did order #Girlboss, so I'm pretty stoked to read that.

October Goals:

one. Eat better
two. Read at least one new book
three. Create something
four. Establish one new habit

No comments:

Post a Comment