Tuesday, October 21, 2014

FIVE THINGS I CANNOT DO

While I am definitely trying to encourage myself to think more positively about things and to look at my flaws as personal challenges, sometimes I do need to remind myself that I am not perfect and that is okay. I don't have to be good at everything, I don't have to have the healthiest habits, the most productive habits and I don't have to be the best that I can be every second of everyday. These are a few things that I consistently fail at, and for the moment I am just going to accept them and still love myself regardless.

one. Exercise self-control around baked goods
Seriously, chocolate and vanilla beans have like a magnetic pull for me, H's family knows already that if we are having a cake with coffee you can pretty much guarantee I'll be having seconds.

two. Not binge watch The Good Wife during my spare moments
Folding laundry and doing squats is much more enjoyable Mrs. Florrick 

three. Cleaning poopy baby clothes
Shit goes right in the trash, he can get a new shirt I don't care.

four. Cooking simple meals
I cook for a family of four. Only two people eat my meals (Bean gets separate food for the moment) but I cook enough for four plates/bowls because H doesn't eat anything substantial during the day (don't even get me started on that) so he eats approximately three times the amount I do. I like a variety of vegetables and textures in my meals which requires a lot of peeling and chopping but sometimes I wish I could just throw a box into the microwave and call it a day (I can't, I am obsessed with eating fresh food, much to our budgets dismay).

five. Replying to text messages
This is the only one that I actually feel guilty about, I used to be great at this but since Bean came around I now one of those people who reads a message and doesn't look at my phone again for a couple hours.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! it's boring and limiting trying to fit in with the idea of perfect?! what is perfect anyway! For example I love cooking healthy meals too but I will always have frozen battered fish in the freezer for when I really can't be bothered. I also cannot/will not resist an oreo cookie.

    No.3 made me laugh. I don't have any kids yet but I think if there was a poo disaster, I would do the same!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate oatmeal cookies will be the death of me, and I welcome it greatly!

      Delete