Thursday, August 07, 2014

ESSEN + I DON'T EVEN LIKE COKE


Last weekend H and I dropped Bean off with his grandparents and went to Essen for the day. I had great plans to document it all with photos and everything but I think I took a total of ten photos, most of which were overexposed and of nothing in particular. I guess I have always maintained the mindset that I would rather focus on enjoying the experience rather than documenting it... that and I greatly dislike looking like a tourist taking photos of landmarks and buildings or whatever. We had a pretty low key day just walking around the city center going into a few shops and taking in the sights (p.s wearing trendy sandals for day long walking on cobblestone streets is a horrible idea for your ankles just fyi). 


We went for lunch at this bar/cafe/resto place that are all over Germany because the vegan restaurant we wanted to try was closed, and the forever indecisive pair that we are just completely copped out of this opportunity to try something new. When our waitress came by to take our drink order I panicked and ordered what H was having, which was coke... the thing about coke is that I don't like it, and I have been liking it less and less over the last year or so but H ALWAYS drinks it, so me being me ALWAYS has a sip too. Whenever we go out to eat and I can't decide what I want to drink I almost always end up ordering a coke  as well and I never enjoy it... add it to the list of weird things I do when I am under pressure. So the point being that I drank a coke and it was the least satisfying beverage. 


Other than that we went into a bio store where I was able to pick up some of my Japanese ingredients (for a much steeper price) that I was missing, miso, udon noodles and some soba noodles. Our last stop was a sports store so that I could get some weights and a yoga mat to encourage me to continue my daily workouts.

Hopefully our next day trip will yield some more photos, seeing as this blog is supposed to be me chronicling my adventures here, but I am still learning so I'll give myself a pass for now.

not pictured:

Pride parade and festival, complete with singers in drag
Cute little merry-go-round 
Little fruit and veggie tent near the train station
Gorgeous weather but with ominous clouds coming in quickly just as we were leaving 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment