Monday, September 01, 2014

SEPTEMBER GOALS + AUGUST RECAP

Oh August, the month before my favourite month of the year. The problem with August is that it is a month of anticipation for me. anticipation for the end of summer, for the return to school and then of course my birthday. I feel like August is just the means by which I get to September but I am okay with that. Now this year I am not returning to school nor did I partake in many "summer" activities, but nonetheless this month I anxiously awaited for September so maybe the fact that it is my birthday month had a greater pull than I had originally thought. But first, lets see how I did.

one. Read at least one book. Yes
Yes, but I kind of feel like I cheated. I was originally planning on picking up where I left off in the Song of Fire and Ice series, but that felt a little too daunting, so I re-read Go Ask Alice (which I finished in one night). I also read a book I ordered on aromatherapy, but that was mostly skimming.

two. Make a purchase at the farmers market on my own. Yes (yay me!)
I went to the farmers market twice this month on my own, and I got spinach, butternut squash, and parsnips. I didn't really use my German however, I mostly pointed and held up fingers but it was a start.

three. Try (and enjoy) one new food. Mmhm
This one wasn't too hard because I was already working on changing my mindset around food. Basically I was introduced to the idea that ones likes and dislikes in regards to food are more due to habit and expectations rather that the actually make up of the food, and habits and expectations can be changed which has opened up a whole new world to me food-wise. I have now integrated red peppers and zucchini into my daily life.
four. Keep my plants alive. Not even close...
My mother gardens, my father gardens, my eighty-two year old grandmother gardens, and yet I am blessed with the blackest of black thumbs...that and I can never remember to water my poor basil plant.

September Goals:

one. Try another new food
two. Exercise every day
three. Tame my hair
four. Read to gain knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment