Saturday, September 12, 2015

I'M NOT A MAKER


I read lots of blogs, probably too many and I so often find myself caught in that nasty cycle of comparison. I know I know, never compare your beginning with somebody else's middle or whatever that saying is but I still have trouble finding bloggers that relate with. Why you may ask, while blogging is probably considered a somewhat creative (and or entrepreneurial) endeavour, I myself am not a maker. I'm not a creator nor a "do-er" in the most literal explanations of the terms. I'm an art school quitter, university drop out, soon-to-be (officially) single mom. I don't ponder my aesthetic or attempt to retain my revelance in this world. I don't have big plans of marketing myself (personally not a fan of any marketing, but I do accept it as a necessary evil) or creating a brand. I feel like a lot of bloggers want to make something of their blogs which is awesome but they all seem to be reading the same advice on how to do it, so while their pictures are beautiful and posting is consistent they don't seem to have anything interesting to say. I know I'm probably just following the wrong blogs but I started blogging because I've heard there's a community that goes with it. I guess for you to be a part of a community you would need to make yourself known which is definitely something I struggle with (online and irl) but it would probably help if I knew about blogs which I felt I could connect with on a deeper level. I am not a maker, I'm someone who helps keeps things afloat, and I'm okay with that, I just wish I could find some more people like me because frankly all those super creative makers out there intimidate me but I need some people on my level so that I don't drown myself in my constant comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment