Sunday, June 01, 2014

WEEKLY APPRECIATION: 0.3


I bought fresh flowers for the first time, white peonies. I have never really cared much for flower, nor have I been willing to put in the effort to keep them alive but I must say, their really do add a little something to a space.
Curating my pinterest boards. I don't have much on there yet but that's mostly because I want to choose things that I really want to use for inspiration, not just things that I think are pretty.

I donated half of my wardrobe, I let go of pointless pieces I had been carting around for years in the hopes of maybe someday I'll have a reason to wear it. I feel like I am slowly liberating myself from the materialism which has been directing my life.

This book Bébé Gourmet by Jenny Carenco has been instrument in my introduction of solids to Bean. Not having a picky eater is super high on my how-I-want-my-child-to-behave priority list plus it is serving as the inspiration for the my apparent lack of creativity in figuring out what I should be feeding bébé.


Lastly, we got a kitchen for our place in Germany, which is something I am hugely thankful for (and especially to H for driving two and half to go pick it up). Picking out a kitchen felt like such a huge hurdle both financially as well as making this whole move more tangible to me. I leave in five and half weeks and it still doesn't seem real to me but I feel like making the investment into a kitchen is one more step in the "no turning back now" direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment